Thursday 30 October 2014

Friends-the one with Monica's broken dinner service

I think it's the drugs. 

But there's a bit in Friends where just for a moment I laughed out loud very hard. 

Phoebe and Joey are setting up the thanksgiving dinner puddings and said we thought it'd be nice to use the better dinner service for pie. 

Yeah, said Monica, then maybe later we can go and blow our noses on my wedding dress!

Oh I loled. 

P has been amazing today. First day at home and I have pottered and not known what to do with myself, pacing from room to room and forgetting what to do from one moment to the next. It's been work in progress just getting up.

I have found great comfort in music though, is causing emotions in me that I haven't felt listening to music for years. 

Folk. 

Yes that right. 

Folk. 

I haven't listened to music like this for a long time. Show of Hands are the band of choice. Can't tell you why. Deacon Blue's new one too. It's just moving me. I feel like it's enough to just listen to it and feel calm inside. And sit. And be. 

Weird. 

I'm a folk fan now then. I blame last nights long journey home from the hospital for that, listendto all of the r2 folk show. 

Tonight was scared of how I'd feel when P picked Tilda up to bring her home from nursery. But she was no different with me, that's the resilience of a 4 year old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment