Tuesday 4 November 2014

The Foot.

Oh my heavens. 

The right foot was paralysed by the surgery. The neurosurgeon said he had high hopes for it moving again but the anaesthetist said she didn't think it would. Naysayer. 

13 days after surgery, when it's all just not working, and I am walking on it yes, but it's just not doing anything, and I had opened the drawer of my beautiful shoes only this MORNING and thought 'won't be needing them again' and googling 'best shoes for foot drop'....

It only goes and moves. 

Tiny steps. Tiny bend of toes. It's not like I ever lost feeling. I just couldn't move the ankle or foot with my mind. 

And now I can. It's slow but steady. And I have to concentrate. And it's not quite there. But it's moving. The neural pathways are working. 

And with the biopsy results appointment tomorrow, where am expecting the worst kind of news of aggressive cancerous tumour that's still in my head, these are the kind of brain healing amazingness positivity I will hold with me as proof that you just don't know what's going on in your body. 


No comments:

Post a Comment